Hottest Wedding Dress Trends for 2017
As we enter 2017, it is time to reflect on the wedding dress trends that have emerged and stayed strong throughout the last year.
These are the five hottest trends in bridal fashion to expect for 2017:
- Lace: Extremely popular and widely used in the majority of wedding dresses over the last few years. Lace has been used as all over prettiness, as well as on bodices and hems of dresses. The romantic and feminine beauty of lace is loved by brides all over the world. We have many lace wedding dresses in store, and it is a strong favourite.
- Low back or sheer back: An immensely popular trend that has emerged is sheer or low back dresses. Soft illusion tulle embellished with lovely lace details have adorned many wedding dress designs over the last few years. Mikaella style 2116 is extremely popular in our store, as brides can’t seem to get enough of it!
- Sleeves: Whether they are long, short or cap style, sleeves have made a huge comeback, largely thanks to the beautiful Kate Middleton. The sleeves are mostly made of lace or illusion tulle with lace details. Brides who are wanting to create a timeless yet modern look are choosing to have sleeves on their wedding dresses, and it’s no wonder. The look is absolutely beautiful.
- Fit and flare dresses: As the exaggerated mermaid style is losing popularity, fit and flare is taking over. The fit and flare style is a toned down or softened mermaid or fishtail look, which is very flattering on most figure types. A woman’s curves are accentuated in all the right places, making for a very much favoured trend that is set to continue. We have many fit and flare wedding dresses in store which are incredibly popular.
- Boho style: This trend has been very strong in 2016. Bohemian style wedding dresses are immensely popular, particularly for rustic or beach weddings. The Boho style features dresses that are relatively unstructured and made with pretty lace and soft, flowing fabrics.
With such an array of wedding dress designs on offer, brides now have more choices than ever. And one thing is for sure, 2017 is set to be a very exciting year for bridal fashion!
Make an appointment with us and come and try on these amazing dresses! We’d love to meet you!
Comments are closed